Amazon Prime is a well-renowned name in the online streaming business. They provide an extensive library of TV shows, movies, music and books to its viewers. The deals are also great and surely no one would want to miss it out. For just $13 per month or $120 annually, the viewers would get access to its various perks. There are also a variety of extras such as the Amazon Prime movies and TV shows. The Prime Video mostly provides the subscribers access to a large collection of TV shows and movies, all of this you can watch on any device whether TV, laptop, computer and so on. Then there is also Prime music wherein it allows for streaming of various collection of music on the device of your choice. They also offer free collection of books on their Kindle app wherein the users can read those books anywhere and anytime. These ebooks can also be downloaded on the e-reader provided by Kindle or they can be accessed on the free Kindle app. Signing up to the membership is absolutely easy.
But at times, when you feel that Amazon is not the right online streaming service for you then there is a way to call it quits. You can easily unsubscribe or cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. Let us go through the steps on how to get it done.
- Firstly, you would need to login to the Amazon website on amazon.com. Once on the site, the next option is to
loginto Amazon Prime account if you plan to cancel the subscription.
- Once you are logged in, just hover over on the ACCOUNTS and LISTS button which is present on the upper-right corner just below your name. This list would show you various options on the drop-down menu.
- Select “YOUR PRIME MEMBERSHIP” from the options that are made available.
- Once the above step is done, it would take you to the Prime membership page wherein they would provide all the information relating to the benefits. Just go through before you plan to cancel.
- If you are sure that there is no looking back, then look at the
left handside of the site, it would provide details of membership and also when the Prime is about to renew. At the end of the page, you would notice the option of “END MEMBERSHIP and BENEFITS”.
- Click on that option and it would take you to the next step of cancellation.
- The next page would again provide you some options for reviewing your benefits. There is an END MY BENEFITS tab at the end of the page which you would need to click.
- The amount that would be refunded is completely dependent on your usage and the time left for renewal. In case if you had hardly used the service for the year then the refund amount would be huge.
There can be slight variation in the steps based on your subscription situation. But just read through the information before you click on any option or tab just so that you do not miss out on any of the benefits provided by Amazon.