The updates in technology has brought in a host of entertainment services for its viewers. One of them being the online streaming services. There has been a rise in the Americans when it comes to cutting the cord and shifting to other modes of entertainment. When it comes to the online streaming services, there are some popular names which every individual would be aware about. Few of the examples include, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and many more. Among these, Netflix is said to be one of the major online streaming services for most of the cord cutters or the television viewers. It had all started as a subscription based DVD wherein they would mail the DVD’s directly to the home of the viewers based on its demand. But in the year 2007, it entered the field of online streaming services and since then there was no looking back. Today, Netflix has become one of the major or the biggest names in this field. The have a library of movies, TV programs, live shows and comedy specials for its viewers. Across every genre they have something to offer their audience.
Netflix app is very user friendly wherein you can easily scroll through and search for your favourite programs or movies. Its library contains a broader range of movies and TV shows from some of the major TV houses. There are three plans offered by Netflix, Basic, Standard and Premium pack. Irrespective of the plan that you select, the content is same across all of the subscription. However, the only thing that varies among these plans is the number of screens you can view Netflix at once. The basic plan for $7.99 allows to watch the content on just one screen at a time. The standard plan is for $10.99 and it allows for watching content on two screen simultaneously. The premium pack is for $12.99 wherein you can view on 4 screens at the same time and also access 4K data.
Just as the setup of Netflix is simple, similarly if you plan to cancel any of their pack then it can be done in few easy steps. Follow these steps properly and you should be done with the cancellation process in less than a minutes time.
- Open up the Netflix app and login if you do not get logged in automatically.
- Next to your profile name, click on the down arrow which is at the top right hand side of the page. Click on ACCOUNT section.
- Once you click on Account, you would get few more options. Click on “CANCEL MEMBERSHIP” which is present under the “Membership and Billing” Option.
- A pop-up would appear wherein it would mention the date from which the cancellation would be effective. Mostly it would be at the end of the billing cycle.
- Tap the “FINISH CANCELLATION” button.
This is it, you
are now done with the cancellation of Netflix. Once the billing cycle ends or
your free trial is over, you should no longer be subscribed to Netflix.
Amazon Prime is a well-renowned name in the online streaming business. They provide an extensive library of TV shows, movies, music and books to its viewers. The deals are also great and surely no one would want to miss it out. For just $13 per month or $120 annually, the viewers would get access to its various perks. There are also a variety of extras such as the Amazon Prime movies and TV shows. The Prime Video mostly provides the subscribers access to a large collection of TV shows and movies, all of this you can watch on any device whether TV, laptop, computer and so on. Then there is also Prime music wherein it allows for streaming of various collection of music on the device of your choice. They also offer free collection of books on their Kindle app wherein the users can read those books anywhere and anytime. These ebooks can also be downloaded on the e-reader provided by Kindle or they can be accessed on the free Kindle app. Signing up to the membership is absolutely easy.
But at times, when you feel that Amazon is not the right online streaming service for you then there is a way to call it quits. You can easily unsubscribe or cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. Let us go through the steps on how to get it done.
- Firstly, you would need to login to the Amazon website on amazon.com. Once on the site, the next option is to login to Amazon Prime account if you plan to cancel the subscription.
- Once you are logged in, just hover over on the ACCOUNTS and LISTS button which is present on the upper-right corner just below your name. This list would show you various options on the drop-down menu.
- Select “YOUR PRIME MEMBERSHIP” from the options that are made available.
- Once the above step is done, it would take you to the Prime membership page wherein they would provide all the information relating to the benefits. Just go through before you plan to cancel.
- If you are sure that there is no looking back, then look at the left hand side of the site, it would provide details of membership and also when the Prime is about to renew. At the end of the page, you would notice the option of “END MEMBERSHIP and BENEFITS”.
- Click on that option and it would take you to the next step of cancellation.
- The next page would again provide you some options for reviewing your benefits. There is an END MY BENEFITS tab at the end of the page which you would need to click.
- The amount that would be refunded is completely dependent on your usage and the time left for renewal. In case if you had hardly used the service for the year then the refund amount would be huge.
There can be
slight variation in the steps based on your subscription situation. But just
read through the information before you click on any option or tab just so that
you do not miss out on any of the benefits provided by Amazon.